Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Of Those Days

Today is just one of those days where I would rather be curled up in bed with a book and dream about riding rather than go out into the humidity that is summer in North Carolina and put in the hard work.  That being said, I will be heading to the barn once my riding tights are dry.

This is probably going to be a bit of a scattered, boring post but here we go.  I'm waiting to hear back from my old instructor, Caroline Atherholt-McClung (formerly Caroline Dowd), so I can discuss competing again and a few other things I will get to later.  My plan (as of right now) is to run Southern Pines I & II, and the May VA HT.  At that point I will be graduating grad school and who in the world knows what life is going to be like then.

Did I mention I'm in grad school?  I think I did in my first post.  School resumes next Monday and it will be my final year of formal education unless I decide to go for my PhD.  Let me just say: I do not want school to start and I am absolutely terrified of graduating and having to be an actual adult.  I have been blessed with an incredibly supportive dad who has said he will be there as my safety net, but it is still very scary thinking about trying to make it on my own!  It's just one of those growing up things I suppose.

Now, I've been considering a few options for after graduation.  For those of you not familiar with becoming a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) I will break it down quickly and simply: you get your Master's (MSW), then go two years with a provisional license and you have to get a certain number of work hours and supervision hours along with take an exam, and only THEN are you fully licensed.  I have been told by others that the best time to move is directly following graduation, hence my current consideration of potentially moving to Virginia post-grad.  I would love to get a job up in Roanoke or Lexington which would allow me to (maybe) board Jerry at Caroline's farm in the beautiful Eagle Rock, VA.

Now, all of this is very new in my brain and really I have nothing set in the least, but it's fun to think about! Alright off to some pony time, my breeches are dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment